Camping, like many Y programs, is about learning skills, developing character and making friends. But few environments are as special as camp, where kids become a community as they learn both how to be more independent and how to contribute to a group as they engage in physical, social and educational activities. Summer camp is one of the few times kids have to be KIDS! This summer, our goal is to teach children new skills like swimming, while also installing in them our character traits, respect, responsibility, caring and honesty. At the end of our summer, expect your child to be messy and tired because we have a lot of fun things planned!
Click the image below to read about why your child should attend summer day camp!
Five Reasons Why Kids Should Attend Summer Camp
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences, and especially exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth are encouraged to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, canoeing and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!