2017 Summer Day Camp is HERE!
Click each camp name to be directed to that page - you will be able to download a Registration Packet and Parent Handbook. All registration must be completed at the Y.
All camp information can be found in our Registration Packets and Parent Handbook. Here are a few "highlights" for you!
Camp Hours: Our camp day begins at 9:00am and ends at 4:00pm. We ask that all children arrive by 9:15am so that they do not miss any of the fun. We will not accept kids after 9:30am, unless it is a special circumstance. The camp day ends at 4:00pm and we do not begin "releasing" campers until that time. If you need to pick up a camper before 4:00pm, we ask that you fill out the camp early pick-up log. Campers picked up after 4:15pm will be included in the "Extended Day" program.
Early Bird Club: We offer an "Early Bird" club for parents who need to drop off extra early. This "club" is available from 6:30-7:30am at the Y for an additional fee (listed on the registration packet).
Extended Day: Our "Extended Day" is availabe from 7:30 to 9:00am and/or from 4:00-5:30pm, at the Y for an additional fee. Children picked up after 5:30pm will be charged a late pick-up fee.
Membership: All campers must have a Program Membership to the Y. This membership allows children to take advantage of Y programs throughout the year. The cost of the program membership is $25.00 per child or $50.00 for a family. Facility Membership options (which allow access to the Y facility) are also available. Please visit our Membership page for details.
Financial Assistance: Assistance is available for those who qualify. Third party Rutgers Regional Child Care Resource and Referral is available by calling 856-462-6800. If you are denied, you may apply through the Y Cares Financial Assistance Program (click HERE for details on Y Cares)
Counselors: Low ratios of staff to children, as required by the state and ACA. Our staff go through intensive training and are background screened prior to hire.
Accreditation: All of our Y camps are American Camping Association accredited (ACA) and are a state licensed day camp facility. ACA Accreditation means that your child's camp cares enough to undergo a thorough (up to 300 standards) review of its operation - from staff qualifications and training to emergency management. American Camp Association collaborates with experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Red Cross, and other youth-serving agencies to assure that current practices at your child's camp reflect the most up-ot-date, research-based standards in camp operation. Camps and ACA form a partnership that promotes growth and fun in an environemnt committed to safety.
Five Reasons Why Kids Should Attend Summer Camp
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences, and especially exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth are encouraged to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, canoeing and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!