Reopening Our Y
Updated September 28, 2020
We are so excited to welcome you back to the Y! Thank you for your patience, positivity and commitment to the Y's mission. We have been working hard to welcome you back safely, as taking care of your health is more important now than ever. Read more below on facility guidelines and protocols. We thank you in advance for doing your part to keep our Y as clean and safe as possible for everyone. We can't wait to see you!
Current Hours of Operation (subject to change)
Sunday: Currently closed
What to Expect When Coming to the Y
- Per State mandate, members will be required to answer health screening questions and have their temperature checked, and wear a mask before entering the facility. Staff will be doing the same.
- You must complete a new member waiver of liability upon your first visit (or prior) to the Y.
- Per State mandate, our facility is operating at a 25% capacity restriction. Some areas, such as the Kontes pool require an appointment for a lane reservation to utilize the area. We highly recommend appointments for the Fitness Center, as we cannot guarantee a spot if you "stop-in."
- Active members, ages 16+ are permitted to use the Y at this time. Youth ages 13-15 years old may utilize the facility with a parent or guardiance from the same household, on the same family membership. Youth of all ages are permitted to participate in any program available for their age group.
- We ask that all members wipe down equipment both before and after equipment use with the materials provided. Our Attendants are also cleaning all equipment throughout the day.
- No guests or Nationwide members are permitted at this time.
- We ask that those who feel unwell please stay home. Read more regarding the Coronavirus by visiting the CDC's website.
- Please be patient and know these protocols have been put in place to comply with the State and City guidelines. We appreciate your cooperation and thank you in advance.
Open Now! See more information below on each program/area open.
- Outdoor Youth Sports - click here for Fall I session information
- Outdoor MVP Sports - click here for Fall I session information
- Outdoor Group Exercise - click here for Fall I session information
- Swim Lessons - click here for Fall I session information
- Swim Camps - click here for Fall I session information
- Indoor One-on-One Personal Training - click here for more information
- Indoor Kontes Pool (lane reservations) - click here to read more
- Fitness Centers: Scarpa Family Fitness Center, Free Weight Room, and Family Health & Adventure Center
- Click here for "Welcome Back" information!
- Indoor Kontes Pool Lane Reservations: click here to view more
- The Scarpa Family Fitness Center, Free Weight Room, Family Health & Adventure Center: click here to learn more
- Locker Rooms: Open for pool lane reservations only; swimmers are required to shower prior to entering the pool; lockers are unavailable at this time
- Group Exercise Rooms (To be determined; outdoor Group Exercise will run for our Fall I session)
- Handicap/Family Restrooms (Open!)
- Water Fountains (Only the water bottle fill station will be open, located by the Fitness Centers)
- Milam Multipurpose Center (TBD)
- Lobby/Sitting Areas (TBD)
- Child Watch Room (TBD)
- Indoor youth and adult programs (only one-on-one personal training at this time)
- Elevator - BRAND NEW -OPEN (one person at a time or group from same family. Must wear masks at all times)
- Although our Y is always diligent about cleaning, we have increased all cleaning measures throughout the entire facility.
- All "high-touch" areas, including door knobs/handles, counters, phones, and more are disinfected every 2-3 hours.
- Our Y has also purchased two hydrostatic sprayers, one back-pack for large areas and one handheld for small areas, to disinfect throughout the day, or overnight, in all areas.
- All chemicals used to clean and disinfect are EPA registered.
- Air filters have been upgraded at the recommendation of ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air-Conditioning Engineers) and the EPA, to MERV-13 filters.
What Should I Bring?
- All members will be required to wear a facial covering (not a facial shield) in the facility.
- Wear your workout clothes, or swimsuit, and bring minimal items, locker rooms are currently open only for those with pool lane reservations.
- We recommend bringing a filled water bottle, only one water fountain (by the Fitness Centers) will be open for the water bottle fill station. All other water fountains will remain closed.
- Please plan to bring as little as possible; locker rooms are not open to store items and our coat/cubby area is restricted to one person at a time.
What About My Membership?
- Please click here for more information regarding your monthly bank draft.
- Please note, if you will be participating in a Group Exercise, Youth Sport, or Summer Day Camp program, you will need to reactivate your membership, and update information on file, prior to starting the program.
- Annual Pay Members will receive an extension of their Membership based on the amount of time our Y was closed.
- For questions regarding Membership, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
To Learn More:
To read the full guidelines and more of what our Y is doing to keep you safe, please click here. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and look forward to seeing you all! Welcome Back!