Reopening Our Y
We’ve missed you at the YMCA of Vineland! The past several months have been so challenging for all of us and we thank you for doing your part to stop the spread of coronavirus. While not all areas are open yet, we are following State and City guidelines to open whatever is permitted!
Updated July 22, 2020
Open Now! See more information below on each program/area open.
- Summer Day Camp (ages 3-15)
- Outdoor Youth Sports
- Outdoor Group Exercise
- Indoor One-on-One Personal Training
- Indoor Kontes Pool (lane reservations)
Temporary Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Friday: 7:00am-8:00pm
What to Expect When our Facility Reopens
What Programs/Areas/Amenities are Available?
- Youth Sports – outdoors only/non-contact (June 29; 8 week session); click here to view more!
- Group Exercise – outdoors or virtual (June 29; 8 week session); click here to view more!
- Day Camp (July 6); click here to view more!
- Indoor Personal Training (July 6); click here to view more!
- Indoor Kontes Pool Lane Reservations (July 20): click here to view more!
- All other programs (TBD)
- Member Service Desk (open!)
- The Scarpa Family Fitness Center (TBD)
- Free Weight Room (TBD)
- Family Health & Adventure Center (TBD)
- Kontes Pool (open for lane reservations! Currently for water exercise/walking, lap swimming)
- Locker-Rooms (open for pool lane reservations only)
- Handicap Restrooms (TBD)
- Milam Multipurpose Center (TBD)
- Water Fountains (TBD)
- Lobby/Sitting Areas (TBD)
- Group Exercise Rooms (TBD)
- Child Watch Room (TBD)
- Indoor youth and adult programs (only one-on-one personal training at this time)
- Vending machines (TBD)
- Guests or Nationwide Members (TBD)
- Elevator - BRAND NEW (currently waiting on a new part to get up and running)
What Should I Expect?
- Arrival: When arriving to the Y, you will be asked to stop at the Welcome Desk prior to proceeding into the facility. You will have your temperature checked (anyone with 100.4 or over are not permitted to enter), asked to answer our health screening questions, and given hand sanitizer to use. Once you are complete, you may proceed with your visit! Should you not comply with any of the above, you will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- Facial Coverings: All Members and Staff will be required to wear a facial covering in the facility. Facial shields are not permitted in the facility unless a facial covering is worn underneath. For information on facial coverings, visit the CDC website by clicking HERE
- Social Distancing: Our Y has been “revamped” to promote social distancing as much as possible. Please follow signage and guidelines throughout the facility and strive to maintain at least six feet between you and others whenever possible.
- Reduced Capacity: To ensure proper social distancing, our open areas will have a limited capacity, per the State/City guidelines. At times of full capacity, you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available.
- No children under 13…YET: The Y will implement temporary age restrictions; we will be open to active members only, age 16 and older. No guests, visitors, or Nationwide Members will have access to our Y at this time. Youth ages 13-15 who are on a Family Membership may work out with their parent under existing membership guidelines.
- Cleaning: Please wipe down all equipment before and after use, or follow guidelines for cleanliness in the designated area.
What Should I Bring?
- All members will be required to wear a facial covering (not a facial shield) in the facility.
- Wear your workout clothes, or swimsuit, and bring minimal items, locker rooms are currently open only for those with pool lane reservations.
- Bring a filled water bottle, water fountains will not be open.
What About My Membership?
- Please click here for more information regarding your monthly bank draft.
- Please note, if you will be participating in a Group Exercise, Youth Sport, or Summer Day Camp program, you will need to reactivate your membership, and update information on file, prior to starting the program.
- Annual Pay Members will receive an extension of their Membership based on the amount of time our Y was closed.
- For questions regarding Membership, please reach out to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
To Learn More:
To read the full guidelines and more of what our Y is doing to keep you safe, please click here. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and look forward to seeing you all! Welcome Back!